Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Spiritual Lion


I was taking Eli to school on Friday. It was "harvest party" day, otherwise known as Halloween party day. So he had his cute lion costume on. We were almost to the school and he said, "Mom! We forgot to say the morning plair!" (that's Eli speak for prayer). I'll confess it's actually pretty rare for us to have a Morning Family Prayer. We nearly always do in the evening, but not so often in the morning. Anyway, this was the 2nd time he brought it up. And just as I did the first time, I asked if he would like to say one for us in the car. He definately wanted to, so it went something like this, "Heavenly Fodder, fank de for dis day. Please bless our friends and please bless the teachers and please help us have a good time at school. Name of Jesus Christ Amen."

No comments: