I guess Spokane area schools haven't closed for snow in over 10 years and certainly not for 3 days! I guess we have a days reprieve, then another storm is expected tomorrow night with 4-6 more inches! Will the kids go to school at all this week? We've been watching lots of movies, doing lots of coloring (Eli screams Draw! Draw!), and just goofing off. Tomorrow I think I'll grind some wheat and have the kids help me make cookies and banana bread. Yum! We could make such a wonderful mess!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Snow Week
So we got a little snow...what's the big deal? I couldn't believe when church was cancelled. I thought for sure there would be school on Monday, but no, not today either, and also not tomorrow! We had some clear skies yesterday then we got several more inches last night. That was on top of the foot + from Saturday into Sunday. Sheesh. I did venture out to the grocery store by myself this morning. It was pretty trecherous, but I had a glorious hour and a half or so to myself. Nevermind that I had no idea where the lines were on the road and that I couldn't stop at the stop signs. I was alone! I bought milk and eggs, so thrilling.
I guess Spokane area schools haven't closed for snow in over 10 years and certainly not for 3 days! I guess we have a days reprieve, then another storm is expected tomorrow night with 4-6 more inches! Will the kids go to school at all this week? We've been watching lots of movies, doing lots of coloring (Eli screams Draw! Draw!), and just goofing off. Tomorrow I think I'll grind some wheat and have the kids help me make cookies and banana bread. Yum! We could make such a wonderful mess!
Here's the entrance to our apartment building.
Kendall spent a while uncovering the van.. This was Monday morning...we have more snow now.
I guess Spokane area schools haven't closed for snow in over 10 years and certainly not for 3 days! I guess we have a days reprieve, then another storm is expected tomorrow night with 4-6 more inches! Will the kids go to school at all this week? We've been watching lots of movies, doing lots of coloring (Eli screams Draw! Draw!), and just goofing off. Tomorrow I think I'll grind some wheat and have the kids help me make cookies and banana bread. Yum! We could make such a wonderful mess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i can't believe this. i read an article about how much snow you guys are getting. chuck said he misses it. hmmm hard to guess, but i don't miss that. i mean it looks beautiful. and one thing i love about that much snow, is at night, the stillness and calmness can be heard. i love that. i love it when it's so quiet, you can hear the snow falling. but other than that, i'm fine without it!! love you guys!! april
Are you sure you guys moved? The picture of the entrance to your apartment sure looks just like your old apartment! Looks like you guys had fun in the snow! Hope you are liking the new place, we miss you guys - Georgey still talks about Eric all the time!
Hey, I just found your blog!! I love it!!
Post a Comment