Friday, November 7, 2008

Gratitude

I was thinking that it had been a while since I'd made a post, but 2 months? Bad Sharon! I guess I've been a little preoccupied with everything else in my life lately. I've let a lot of housework go while I've played with the kids and I've spent more time with friends in my neighborhood.
Today is a glorious grey, rainy and cold day. I love these days. Maybe I'm weird, but sometimes I like the excuse to stay in and do "rainy day" type stuff. Today I sit fiddling at the computer while Eli is playing with brown play-doh. Why brown? Well it used to be different colors...they have all been blended. Since he's totally happy with that, I am too. Maybe some day he'll want individual colors again, but until then, why spend the money?
I am also thinking today of how grateful I am for a good husband. And I'm not just saying that because he made the bed 2 days in a row! (I have no recolection of him EVER doing that in our marriage so far-without being asked, that is). When we do find the time to spend together discussing our family, goals, desires, ideas, etc., it is so nice to see that we are still on the same page. No, we don't think exactly the same way, but we have the same goal in mind. That is both refreshing and reassuring.

No comments: