Near the beginning of November we unexpectedly took a trip to Idaho for Kendall's grandather's funeral. It just so happens that the perfect stopping point is the Nampa/Caldwell neighborhood. My parents live there as well as Kendall's sister and her family.
Since it was just a couple of days before Eric's 12th birthday, we took the opportunity to celebrate with lots of family that we don't get to see very often. I baked a cake at my folks' house, then we took it over to Kendall's sister's home and shared it with her family, Kendall's parents and his older sister as well. Eric was in disbelief that I could have made a cake without his knowing about it. He even asked me just a couple of days ago how I did it. :) Giggle! We sang and ate chocolate cake. And had cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents there to celebrate with him. Fun times!
We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving here at home. We did a semi-real Thanksgiving dinner. The main things that Kendall wanted were a pumpkin pie, and a berry pie. I knew 2 pies would be a bit much for our little family, but I went with it. We found some gorgeous blackberries at Costco and I did my best. I think out of all we ate that day the blackberry pie was my favorite! Kendall loved it too! I had to take a picture to prove I did it and, of course, Eli insisted on being in the picture! The pie was a nice accomplishment, but not nearly as wonderful as having Eli in my life!
Speaking of Eli, he is really developing his creative side. He is extrememly interested in things from my bathroom and for some reason they're even more exciting when mixed with his toys. This is one of his "sculptures" that I found one day. Bummer that I didn't have a good setting on the camera, it's kind of dark, but I had to include it anyway. He was really proud of it.

2 comments:
So fun to see these little updates on your family!
Sharon, I don't have your e-mail address, so I'm talking to you here. I guess you were tyring to get a hold of a weighted belt awhile ago. Well, we just found it, if you still want/need it!! Let me know :D
Post a Comment