Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sphinx

Time to brag just a little bit about our oldest son! He had an assignment for school to do an Egypt project. The kids could choose what they wanted to do it on. He chose the Sphinx. He had to do a model, a paper and a presentation. This is probably the most involved project he has ever done. I have to say, it was awesome! Even his teacher and other staff members at his school were amazed. Just so you know, Eric did his own research. He looked at pictures on the web and drew them free-hand on paper to decide how he wanted his sphinx to look. I took him to the craft store and we found some great Crayola molding clay that would harden on its own, and some paint to finish the details. Eric was a little nervous about starting, but I just told him to jump right in. Okay, this is coming from a very un-artistic person. I knew he could draw pretty well, but could he sculpt? Oh yeah! When Kendall got home he was really impressed with Eric's progress. He helped Eric with a bit of the detailing, but Eric did most himself and had so much fun too! He did all the painting himself too!
Way to Go Eric! We love you and are so proud of you!
(Please stay tuned for other exciting blogs about Eric and our other amazing boys!)








No comments: