I have been wanting to blog a lot lately, but my desire to blog seems to be met with my kids' desires to, well, distract me. One needs a new diaper, then another one does too. One is hitting another, the other is slapping the first back and/or jumping on him. Then one spits up, then another one needs a diaper again. Then there's the one with the homework and while homework is being addressed two others are eating sugar and throwing it all over....Oh! see? I got distracted again. Blog, Sharon, blog...
Today is May 30th. My brother turned 36 yesterday, my other brother turned 30 last week and my sister turned 34 last month. What does that mean? It means that I'll turn 38 very soon. I'm not sure what that means, maybe just that I'm seeking the magic that will give me the energy of a 28 year old instead. I have these little boys that suck everything out of me. I love them so much and I can't believe I have been this blessed! I sat in Sunday School today and there was actually a portion I was able to pay attention to. That portion of the lesson was the teacher talking about how Hannah just wanted a son. She told God that if she could have a son she would give him back to him (God). I asked for a little while (It felt like forever to me, but I know it wasn't really that long) to have children. So, I was reminded today what my job is...it is to give them back to God. Oh Please, I don't mean right now, literally back to HIM. I mean I know it is my job to do everything I can to teach them and train them to be HIS servants, to be good priesthood holders, amazing missionaries, good husbands, and overall just valiant men. Oh boy am I overwhelmed by that responsibility, but Hey! I asked for it, didn't I? That's all. To Eric, Eli, Noah, and Lucas: I am committed to you my loves!
Love, Mom
1 comment:
Sweet post. A good reminder for every mom. Sometimes its hard to keep the right focus. You are a great mom and doing a fab. job! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment