Sunday, March 2, 2008

It seems like all my posts are timestamped at this time of night. So, now you know why I only post once a month! Usually I'm either nursing a baby or asleep by this time. It is really hard to make myself stay up when I know I could be sleeping. But once I get in the goove....watch out! The previous post is loaded with pictures and most are Eli. Well, it was his birthday last month. He's growing up so fast. He had his first haircuts and he acts more and more kid like rather than baby like. I start to feel a little sad about it, then I realize that there's another baby in the house. We have 3 very discinct and very different stages going on with our children. Hold on, maybe not so much. Our 10-year-old often acts like a 2 year-old. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. It can actually be quite good at times. I have "caught" Eric several times recently playing very happily with Eli. Blocks, plastic animals, wooden trains, cars, but the favorite of all.....FOOTBALLS! Eli loves so much to play chech (catch). Ah, the toys of little (and not so little) boys. I was invited over for a play date this week and there's just one little girl who lives there. She had all sorts of wonderful girl stuff...We have no idea what to do with girl stuff! :O) It was fun for me though, I dream of having a little princess someday. Even if I don't, my princes are gifts from God. I thank Him every day for allowing them to be in my life.

We were in Costco the other day and I had the babies in the stroller. It's they only way to go at that store. If I don't strap Eli in, it's a miserable experience for us all! Noah had toys, Eli had everything to look at in the store. We looked at a CD display, where we could push the buttons and hear a sampling of the music. We pushed the button for the Toddler Tunes CD. It played B-I-N-G-O and Eli danced in the stroller. WE pushed a couple others then strolled off. A little way down the rown he started yelling "name-o! name-o!" It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that he was pointing to the CD display and wanted to hear the song again "There was a farmer, had a dog and BINGO was his NAME-O! Sheesh, how's he supposed to know the real name of the song?

I love that I have a new back seat driver! We have a lot of pot holes on our roads and sometimes it's a bit of a bumpy ride. The other day I hit a rough patch and I hear from the back seat "Kepul (careful) mommy!" I look back and he's holding his arm out with a stiff hand, as if that will help me to drive better.

Noah is growing so fast. He's sitting up now and rolling all over the place. He looks at me like he knows exactly what's going on. I'm afraid I'll never get anything past him!

We had a really nice weekend as a family. Eric is growing up and seeming way to close to becoming a young man. He's pretty amazing with his imagination. This morning he took about 40 minutes to tell us about his dreams of last night. Kendall is sure that he embelishes the stories of his dreams, but even if he does, so what? They're pretty incredible. We'd love to get him to write them down. They're awesome adventures!

I'm tired, but that's nothing new. I think I'll sleep now until the next round starts.

1 comment:

Campbells said...

I love all the pictures. I can not believe that we just saw you and it seems that Noah is even bigger. I love the picture of you with the 3 boys togther. That one is just precious. I also like the story of Eli as the backseat driver.:)