Okay, let's not be too shocked. I have been a little preoccupied lately. Busy? Not really, just stressed and obsessing about certain things.
#1 We are expecting a new baby! This isn't news to many of you by now, but it is something that's been occupying much of my conciousness. I'm about 12 weeks along at this point. Here's the ultrasound pic from last week. The really exciting part is that the doc said I was further along than we had thought! Wahoo! He bumped up the due date by 11 days to Feb 2nd! That is definately good news. However, we all know that I'll never go that far. This kid will be born sometime in January.
#2 We took a trip to Yellowstone and Utah and back through Idaho to home. We camped and froze, but still had fun. We visited friends and family in Utah and got sunburned and had some more fun. Regretable I have misplaced (on my dad's computer) all of my vacation pictures. I'll get them back someday, but for now you all will miss out on seeing the really huge bison that we saw next to our car!
#3 I've been sewing! This is monumental for sure. I told Ana I would make her a Mei Tai (asian style baby carrier) for her baby. Well, the baby was born and I hadn't even started the project. I had the fabric, but I was a bit intimidated as I had never made one before. And, of course, it has to be perfect! Since I'm cheap, I will not "buy" a pattern. I looked up pattern instuctions on the web and found a few that I worked from. Now, if you know me, you also know that I am not so good at vague instructions. I need specific details, a very outlined pattern. These different sets of instructions had different methods and styles and ways of finishing off the carrier. I spent a lot (a very lot) of time trying to wrap my head around this project. Of course it shouldnt' be this difficult, but for me it is. The end result is that I finished it today and delivered it to Ana. Isabella is now 4 weeks old (tomorrow) and just about big enough to start riding around in this cool thing, so I guess I didn't do too badly. I'm just thrilled with how it turned out and I can't wait to make another one for me. Yes, I already have one, but I need one for home and one for the car, duh!
Just a couple of shots from today. When Kendall works in the evening I often take the boys out to a park to play and burn off some of that last energy of the day. They were being way too cute. Eli was doing his usual of searching out for bugs, then screaming when he found them. Noah is ultra confident on these play structures, he climbs all the ladders and everything. He was hanging from the bar today and swinging and saying "Weeeeeeee!" These are the moments that help me get through the screaming fits and tantrums from 2 little kids!


3 comments:
Thanks for the update...I love seeing pics of the boys!
Cool mei tai! If I ever have a kid, I'm going to be expecting one. ;0) You can use that fabric too...I have a purse made out of the same fabric!
Love you tons!
Your baby looks so cute! I'm excited for you! Love you!
So happy for you, Sharky! And so impressed with your sewing abilities! WOW! Yes, I'm 6 months pregnant and due at the end of Oct. It is a girl so that makes 3 girls and 1 boy and this will definitely be the last!!! :)
Post a Comment